The red in the name of this cocktail refers to the Campari, while the sapphire naturally refers to the gin, which forms the base of the drink.
I use Bombay Sapphire for its complex flavour that works well with so many ingredients. I have chosen fruit flavours for this cocktail and use fresh lime juice and cranberry bitters to work with the gin and Campari. This is a drink to enjoy with friends any time, any season.
Ingredients for Red Sapphire:
- 40ml (1 1/4fl oz) Bombay Saphire London Dry Gin
- 20ml (4 tsp) Campari
- 1 dash of Fee Brothers Cranberry Bitters, or Angostura Bitters
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh lime juice
- Fever-Tee Indian Tonic Water, to top up
- Twist of orange peel, to garnish
- Rosemary sprig, to garnish
Pour all the ingedients except the tonic water into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Double-strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes and top up with the tonic water. Garnish with a twist of orange peel and a sprig of rosemary.
Your Athenian Mixologist